Learn Spanish in Antigua Guatemala:
To really master the Spanish language, understanding the grammar and memorizing vocabulary is indispensable, but it is not enough. What really counts is practicing your skills in realistic everyday situations.
- Salsa lessons
- Tours to the Pacaya Volcano
- bicycle tours of Antigua and the surrounding towns and villages
- visits to coffee and macadamia plantations
- typical Guatemalan breakfast or lunch in the school
- Spanish classes on the beach in Puerto San Jose on Guatemala's Pacific Coast
- football games
- participation in reforestation programs
- discussions about the culture of Guatemala and Latin America
- learning how to cook typical Guatemalan and Latin American meals
- Spanish movies
- Mayan ceremonies
- occasional parties
- eco-tours (walking and swimming in the mountains)
These activities are very popular with our students, not only because they give them additional opportunity to practice their Spanish, but also because they are interesting and fun, allow them to experience the Latin American customs and culture first-hand and are a great way to socialize with other students and the Ixchel team.
The activities usually take place in the afternoon or in the evening. Some of them are free, others cost just a few dollars for transportation and/or entrance fees.