Traveling to Guatemala:
Airlines with Nonstop or Direct Flights
Traveling to Antigua Guatemala is easy! La Aurora International Airport in Guatemala City, Guatemala's main transportation hub, is only 45 km (30 miles) away and the trip to Antigua takes just 40 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic. We'll be happy to pick you up at the airport and take you directly to your accommodations in Antigua.
Please note: When traveling to Antigua Guatemala, you need to book a flight to Guatemala City (airport code GUA); do not book a flight to Antigua Bird International Airport (airport code ANU), since that one is located on the island of Antigua in the Caribbean.
The following airlines offer scheduled flights to Guatemala:
- American Airlines
- Several daily nonstop flights from Miami (MIA) and one daily nonstop flight from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Guatemala City
- Continental Airlines
- Several daily nonstop flights from Houston (IAH) to Guatemala City; one nonstop flight on Saturdays only from Newark, NJ (EWR)
- Copa Airlines
- Several daily flights from Panama and other cities in Central and South America to Guatemala City
- Delta Air Lines
- One daily nonstop flight from Atlanta (ATL) and one daily nonstop flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Guatemala City
- Grupo Taca
- Daily nonstop flights from Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington DC to Guatemala City; daily flights from Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco and Toronto to Guatemala City with a stopover in San Salvador; also flights from Mexico City and Cancun, Mexico, and various locations in Latin America
- One daily nonstop flight from Madrid, Spain, to Guatemala City
- Spirit Airlines
- One daily nonstop flight from Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Guatemala City
- Tropic Air
- Two daily nonstop flights from Belize City (BZE) to Flores/Santa Elena (FRS). One flight continues to Guatemala City.
The following airlines don't fly to Guatemala, but they can take you to major hubs where flights to Guatemala are easily available.
- Air Canada
- Air Canada has direct flights from Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver to Los Angeles; from Toronto and Calgary to Houston; from Toronto to Miami and Atlanta; and from Toronto and Montreal to Mexico City.
- Air France
- Air France has direct flights from Paris to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- Air New Zealand
- Air New Zealand has direct flights from Auckland to Los Angeles.
- Austrian Airlines
- Austrian Airlines has direct flights from Vienna, Austria, to Madrid, New York and Washington, DC.
- British Airways
- British Airways has direct flights from London to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- JAL Japan Airlines
- JAL has direct flights from Tokyo to Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth and Mexico City.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- KLM has direct flights from Amsterdam to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- Korean Air
- Korean Air has direct flights from Seoul/Incheon to Los Angeles and Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Lufthansa has direct flights from Frankfurt/Main to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- Qantas has direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Los Angeles.
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, English)
- SAS has direct flights from Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm to Madrid; and from Copenhagen to Miami, Atlanta and Houston.
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Swiss International Air Lines (formerly Swissair) has direct flights from Zurich, Switzerland, to Madrid, New York, Miami and Los Angeles.
- Ixchel's Airport Pickup Service: The easiest and most comfortable way to get from the airport in Guatemala City to Antigua.