Traveling to Guatemala:
General Travel Information and Resources
Here are a few websites that provide general information and recommendations for travelers that may help you plan your trip:
- Lonely Planet
- Wherever you plan to travel, chances are there's a Lonely Planet guide to your destination. Particularly popular with budget travelers.
- Fodor's Travel Guides
- Another well-respected guidebook publisher covering destinations on every continent except Antarctica.
- Travellerspoint Travel Community
- An online Travel Community to help travelers before, during and after their traveling. Forums, blogs, photos and information about destinations.
- The Globetrotters Club
- The Globetrotters Club is an international network for independent travellers around the world. Members receive a bimonthly newsletter and membership listing offering hospitality, info and advice.
- Travel Independent
- Information and advice on independent budget travel or backpacking. Includes backpacking travel packing, costs, country and destination guides, trip preparation, on the road advice and many travel photographs and links.
- Airline Carry-On Luggage Allowances
- Great summary of the carry-on policies of various airlines and the differences between domestic and international travel.
- World Airport Codes
- Reference site for airport codes and useful information like runway lengths, elevation, latitude and longitude data for more than 9,500 airports worldwide.
- Travelers' Health
- Official U.S. government health recommendations for traveling provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Travel Health
- Plenty of hands-on advice on travel health and disease prevention for individuals traveling abroad on vacation or business.
- The Big Travel Guide
- Travel sites of the world - Worldwide Travel planner.