Why Study at Ixchel Spanish School?
When we founded the school in 1999, we didn't want to be just another Spanish school in a town where there were dozens of Spanish schools already. We wanted to be the best!
We made it our goal to work only with the best Spanish teachers, select our host families and other service providers very carefully, and offer a full range of additional services to make our students' stay in Antigua Guatemala as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible.
We have developed and perfected our own class materials based on a wide range of textbooks and our teachers receive continuous training, allowing them to further improve their knowledge of the Spanish language and use the latest teaching techniques.
Ixchel Spanish School was also the pioneer in developing career-specific courses for professionals, which allow you to study exactly the kind of Spanish you need.
Within just a few years we've become one of the leading Spanish schools in Antigua Guatemala. Every year hundreds of students study Spanish at our facilities in Antigua and many more take Spanish lessons via Skype.
Many students return again and again to continue their studies whenever they have time for a trip to Guatemala. Read what they say about us!
Sign up today! You'll be surprised how much Spanish you can learn in just a short time!
Ixchel's teachers are all native Spanish speakers and have received extensive training. Most of the teachers have more than five years of experience teaching Spanish as a second language to foreign students, some have been with Ixchel since the school was founded in 1999.
Read more about our Spanish teachers.
Top 10 Reasons to Study Spanish at Ixchel Spanish School
- We have developed and perfected our teaching techniques as well as our class materials, textbooks and exercises over many years so our students learn Spanish in an efficient and enjoyable manner and make rapid progress.
- Besides General Spanish courses we offer a variety of special courses (Business Spanish, Medical Spanish, Spanish for Flight Attendants, Spanish for Travelers, etc.) so you will learn exactly the kind of Spanish you need.
- We also offer online Spanish courses so you can begin to study even before you arrive in Antigua Guatemala and keep working on your Spanish after you return home.
- We hire only the best teachers and pay among the highest salaries in Guatemala. Our teachers are very well trained and motivated and take an active interest in their students' progress.
- Besides our Spanish courses we provide a full range of services – from airport transfer to weekend tours and daily activities – to make your stay in Guatemala as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible.
- Customer service is very important to us and we work hard to assist our students in any way we can.
- We select the families in our homestay program very carefully to make sure our students receive quality service and enjoy their stay in Guatemala.
- We are authorized by the Guatemalan Ministry of Education, the Guatemalan Tourism Institute INGUAT and acrredited by Universidad Da Vinci de Guatemala.
- We are recommended by all major travel guides.
- We are one of only a few Spanish schools in Guatemala that offer college credits and D.E.L.E. preparation and exams.
What Our Students Say ...
Before booking my trip to Guatemala, I did a lot of research on the internet before finally deciding on Ixchel.
From the moment I walked into the school I was treated as family and nothing was too much trouble. Anything I needed, I just had to ask. The office staff Mafer and Claudia were delightful and Alvaro was always around with his big friendly smile. My teacher Analu was wonderful and so very patient with me, enabling me to go from zero Spanish to being able to hold a reasonable conversation.
I came here for 7 weeks and stayed for 10. I think that says it all...
Stella Hodgson, Ontario, Canada
I came to Ixchel because a couple of friends recommended it to me as the best Spanish school in Antigua. It lived up to all of my expectations and to their high praise. After 5 weeks in Guatemala and with the help of Ixchel, I am now comfortably conversational. My Spanish is far from perfect, but I can express any idea that I need or want to. My teacher was incredibly patient and provided thorough and clear explanations of grammatical concepts. Our classes were a combination of grammar review, drill, and conversation practice.
Overall, I never ceased to be impressed by the professionalism, organization, flexibility, and positive, welcoming attitude of all of the Ixchel staff. Muchas gracias!
Helen Jack, USA