Why Study at Ixchel Spanish School?
When we founded the school in 1999, we didn't want to be just another Spanish school in a town where there were dozens of Spanish schools already. We wanted to be the best!
We have developed and perfected our own class materials based on a wide range of textbooks and our teachers receive continuous training, allowing them to further improve their knowledge of the Spanish language and use the latest teaching techniques.
Now our Spanish courses are also available via Skype!
The online courses are based on the class materials we use for our immersion courses here in Antigua Guatemala and taught by the same teachers, assuring the same high quality.
We offer flexible schedules so you can take your Spanish lessons when your workload permits.
The lessons are given via Skype video chat, which you probably have on your computer already. That's all you need! All class materials are online and you do not have to buy textbooks.
Try our online lessons for yourself! Take a free trial lesson and see if our online courses are right for you before you commit. Risk-free!
Ixchel's teachers are all native Spanish speakers and have received extensive training. Most of the teachers have more than five years of experience teaching Spanish as a second language to foreign students, some have been with Ixchel since the school was founded in 1999.
Read more about our Spanish teachers.
Top 10 Reasons to Study Spanish at Ixchel Spanish School
- We have developed and perfected our teaching techniques as well as our class materials, textbooks and exercises over many years so our students learn Spanish in an efficient and enjoyable manner and make rapid progress.
- Besides General Spanish courses we offer a variety of special courses (Business Spanish, Medical Spanish, Spanish for Flight Attendants, Spanish for Travelers, etc.) so you will learn exactly the kind of Spanish you need.
- We hire only the best teachers and pay among the highest salaries in Guatemala. Our teachers are very well trained and motivated and take an active interest in their students' progress.
- Customer service is very important to us and we work hard to assist our students in any way we can.
- We are authorized by the Guatemalan Ministry of Education, the Guatemalan Tourism Institute INGUAT and acrredited by Universidad Da Vinci de Guatemala.
- We are one of only a few Spanish schools in Guatemala that offer college credits and D.E.L.E. preparation and exams.
- We use state of the art equipment and have a fast internet connection, which keeps technical problems and delays to a minimum.
- Since we use Skype video chat, you don't need to buy special software. Skype connections from computer to computer are free, so buying Skype credits is not necessary either.
- All class materials and exercises are online on our website and you have access 24/7. You don't need to buy textbooks.
- Payments can be made via PayPal, which is easy and safe.
What Our Students Say ...
Ana Lucia is the best teacher I have ever had. I took 3 Spanish classes at my University and have had another online teacher from another company but nobody is as good as Ana Lucia. She is very patient and very good at explaining things I never understood from other teachers. In fact, because of how much I like the online classes, I am going to spend a week at the school when I go to Guatemala a month from now.
Anyone that is serious about learning Spanish should try their online classes, they are affordable and it is as if the teacher were sitting beside you.
Ron Gunter, North Carolina, USA
I love Ixchel and my tutors Ana and Mariela. The online courses fit my schedule and I find the staff very accommodating. Plus, my Spanish is improving!
I can’t wait to bring my family to Guatemala this summer to study in person.
Jay Puppo, Oregon, USA