Airlines with Flights to Guatemala
Traveling to Antigua Guatemala is easy! La Aurora International Airport in Guatemala City, Guatemala's main transportation hub, is only 45 km (30 miles) away and the trip to Antigua takes just 40 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic.
Several North American airlines offer nonstop and direct flights from airports in the US to Guatemala. Nonstop flights are also available from Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica and Panama. Currently there is only one nonstop flight from Europe to Guatemala and none from Asia.
For travelers from countries where there are no direct flights to Guatemala available, it is usually most convenient to travel via the US. Other options that might work for you are to go through Mexico City, Cancun, San Salvador or Panama City.
The airport in Guatemala City is fairly small by international standards, but international flights arrive throughout the day, from early in the morning to late at night. Whenever you arrive, we can pick you up there and take you directly to Antigua.
Read more about our airport transfer service
Please note: When traveling to Antigua Guatemala, you need to book a flight to Guatemala City (airport code GUA). Do not book a flight to Antigua Bird International Airport (airport code ANU); Antigua Bird International is located on the island of Antigua in the Caribbean.
We can pick you up at La Aurora International Airport in Guatemala City anytime, night or day, including on weekends and national holidays, and take you directly to Antigua.
Read more about our airport transfer service
Airlines with Nonstop or Direct Flights to Guatemala
The following airlines offer nonstop or direct flights to La Aurora International Airport (GUA) in Guatemala City:
- American Airlines
- Several daily nonstop flights from Miami (MIA) and one daily nonstop flight from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Guatemala City
- Copa Airlines
- Several daily flights from Panama and other cities in Central and South America to Guatemala City
- Delta Air Lines
- One daily nonstop flight from Atlanta (ATL) and one daily nonstop flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Guatemala City
- One daily nonstop flight from Madrid, Spain, to Guatemala City
- One daily nonstop flight from Mexico City to Guatemala City
- Spirit Airlines
- One daily nonstop flight from Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Guatemala City
- Daily nonstop flights from Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington DC to Guatemala City; daily flights from Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco and Toronto to Guatemala City with a stopover in San Salvador; also flights from Mexico City and Cancun, Mexico, and various locations in Latin America
- Tropic Air
- Two daily nonstop flights from Belize City (BZE) to Flores/Santa Elena (FRS). One flight continues to Guatemala City.
- United Airlines
- Several daily nonstop flights from Houston (IAH) to Guatemala City; one nonstop flight on Saturdays only from Newark, NJ (EWR)
The following airlines don't fly to Guatemala City, but they can take you to a major hub where flights to Guatemala City are easily available.
- Air Canada
- Air Canada has direct flights from Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver to Los Angeles; from Toronto and Calgary to Houston; from Toronto to Miami and Atlanta; and from Toronto and Montreal to Mexico City.
- Austrian Airlines
- Austrian Airlines has direct flights from Vienna, Austria, to Madrid, New York and Washington, DC.
- British Airways
- British Airways has direct flights from London to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- JAL Japan Airlines
- JAL has direct flights from Tokyo to Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth and Mexico City.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- KLM has direct flights from Amsterdam to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- Korean Air
- Korean Air has direct flights from Seoul/Incheon to Los Angeles and Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Lufthansa has direct flights from Frankfurt/Main to Madrid, Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Mexico City.
- Qantas has direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Los Angeles.
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Swiss International Air Lines (formerly Swissair) has direct flights from Zurich, Switzerland, to Madrid, New York, Miami and Los Angeles.
What Our Students Say ...
This is my third time to visit Ixchel Spanish School. I started out as an absolute beginner and did not understand anything.
Now I am able to converse with people in Spanish, I can express myself very well in Spanish and also understand Spanish when it is spoken. My teacher Angelica is the best. I would highly recommend Ixchel to anyone.
Charlie Beal, Oklahoma, USA
Ixchel is a great school for a beginning student, and those with a background. The teachers are very friendly, patient, and well trained for all levels. I learned a lot in my 6 weeks here and wish I could continue.
Along with excellent one on one instruction, Ixchel provides wonderful homestays for individuals looking for a little extra practice, as well as nearly daily tours of the surrounding area.
I have enjoyed my experience immensely and highly recommend Ixchel for anyone looking for a good school in Antigua.
Katelyn Piche, Saskatchewan, Canada