Websites for Travelers
Traveling to foreign countries remains high on many people's list of priorities even in times of economic difficulties. Visiting faraway countries, experiencing their culture and making new friends is an adventure you won't forget for a long time to come!
Taking a break from everyday life is a great way to recharge your batteries and get a fresh perspective on things. It is also an excellent opportunity to learn about countries and cultures that are different from your own.
With modern technology traveling has become much easier than it used to be. But still, some challenges remain and the better you are prepared for your trip, the more enjoyable it will be. Information is key to a great travel experience and thanks to the internet it is easier than ever to learn about your destination before you even get there.
Below we have created a list of resources that we hope will help you with the preparations for your next trip.
Have a great trip and stay safe!
General Travel Websites
- Lonely Planet
- Wherever you plan to travel, chances are there's a Lonely Planet guide to your destination. Particularly popular with budget travelers.
- Fodor's Travel Guides
- Another well-respected guidebook publisher covering destinations on every continent except Antarctica.
- Travellerspoint Travel Community
- An online Travel Community to help travelers before, during and after their traveling. Forums, blogs, photos and information about destinations.
- The Globetrotters Club
- The Globetrotters Club is an international network for independent travellers around the world. Members receive a bimonthly newsletter and membership listing offering hospitality, info and advice.
- The Big Travel Guide
- Travel sites of the world - Worldwide Travel planner.
What Our Students Say ...
This is my third time to visit Ixchel Spanish School. I started out as an absolute beginner and did not understand anything.
Now I am able to converse with people in Spanish, I can express myself very well in Spanish and also understand Spanish when it is spoken. My teacher Angelica is the best. I would highly recommend Ixchel to anyone.
Charlie Beal, Oklahoma, USA
Ixchel is a great school for a beginning student, and those with a background. The teachers are very friendly, patient, and well trained for all levels. I learned a lot in my 6 weeks here and wish I could continue.
Along with excellent one on one instruction, Ixchel provides wonderful homestays for individuals looking for a little extra practice, as well as nearly daily tours of the surrounding area.
I have enjoyed my experience immensely and highly recommend Ixchel for anyone looking for a good school in Antigua.
Katelyn Piche, Saskatchewan, Canada